16 Dec Guide to Getting a Professional Massage Amid COVID-19
A Guide to Getting a Professional Massage Amid COVID-19
Amidst the coronavirus crisis, many of us are in need of some major stress relief and self-care. And for some, this means getting a professional massage at our favorite spa or massage therapy clinic. From stress management to relief from pain and insomnia, there are so many wonderful benefits of massage therapy, especially after several consecutive months of coronavirus-induced worry and fear.
If COVID-19 concerns are keeping you from getting a professional massage at this time, there are some safe alternatives to consider — like in-home massages or self-massage techniques. However, the following information from Mantra Yoga and Meditation School will help to address any questions or worries you may have at this time.
Q1. Is it safe to get a professional massage right now?
A1. Any close-contact activity is risky during COVID-19, but there are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your massage therapist.
- There are some risks of getting a massage during the coronavirus outbreak, but wearing a mask and practicing good hand hygiene will help to reduce them.
- Proper mask-wearing and removal will also help to reduce your COVID-19 risk.
- Before your appointment, schedule a consultation with your therapist so you can address any safety concerns you have.
- Use contactless credit cards to reduce COVID-19 transmission when paying your massage therapist.
Q2. How can I get an in-home massage during the pandemic?
A2. There are several ways to get an in-home massage during the pandemic, whether you hire a traveling massage therapist to come into your home or opt for self-massage.
- Start by cleaning and decluttering your home to cleanse it of any germs and bad energy.
- Use websites like Zeel and Soothe to book an in-home massage.
- Try self-massage for relieving pain in the neck, back, head, shoulders, and abdomen.
- Ask your partner or spouse to give you a massage at home.
Q3. What are some things I can do to extend the benefits of my massage?
A3. To prolong the benefits of your massage, it’s important to focus on your overall well-being.
- Extend the benefits of your massage by staying hydrated, eating light foods, and avoiding stressful situations immediately after your appointment.
- Adopt a healthier lifestyle by incorporating yoga and mindfulness into your routine.
- Practice yoga poses that double as self-massage techniques.
- Regularly care for your mind and body, especially during the pandemic.
From Ayurveda healing massage to Thai massage, there are so many therapeutic massage techniques to try if you’re looking to relax the body, mind, and spirit amidst the highly stressful coronavirus pandemic. Plus, the tips and resources above will help to address any questions or concerns you may have about treating yourself to a massage during the pandemic — whether you’ll be visiting your favorite spa, booking an in-home session, or mastering self-massage.
Interested in yoga or meditation teacher training? Looking to relax and unwind at a yoga retreat? Contact the Mantra Yoga Meditation School to learn all about its certified courses on yoga and meditation, ayurvedic treatments, and yoga and meditation retreats.
The post Guide to Getting a Professional Massage Amid COVID-19 appeared first on Mantra Yoga & Meditation School.
A Guide to Getting a Professional Massage Amid COVID-19 Amidst the coronavirus crisis, many of us are in need of some major stress relief and self-care. And for some, this means getting a professional massage at our favorite spa or massage therapy clinic. From stress management to relief from pain and insomnia, there are so many wonderful benefits of massage…
The post Guide to Getting a Professional Massage Amid COVID-19 appeared first on Mantra Yoga & Meditation School.Read More