Becoming more present is needed more now than ever. In this blog post, we will cover what the Muladhara or Root Chakra represents and how to balance it to become more present day to day.
What are Chakras?
The Chakras are a set of seven wheels or energy vortex of energies in our bodies that carry your urges, emotions, and habits, as well as the energy for experiences that happen to us.
You may have heard of terms such as Chi, Prana, Charge, and others that refer to the same type of energies.
The seven chakras are Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Brow, and Crown.
Now that you have a little background on what chakras are, let us focus on the Root Chakra.
The root chakra or Muladhara is located at the base of your spine. The color of this chakra is represented by the color red. It is responsible for your flight or fight response.
When this chakra is out of balance you may feel:
When you have too much energy going into this region of your body you may experience:
- Resistance to change
- Excessive spending
When you do not have enough energy going into this region of your body you may experience:
- Resistance to structure
- Unable to sit still
- Zoning out
Common Ailments that you may experience when your chakra is out of balance:
- Aches, pain in the legs, feet, or bones
- Constipation (Excess)
- Diarrhea (Deficient)
- Chronic health issues
Now we will go over what you may feel when your Root Chakra is Balanced
When this Chakra is Balanced you may experience feeling:
- Physically healthy
- Comfortable in your body
- Sense of Safely and Security
You now may be wondering how can you balance this chakra
To balance this chakra you would need to:
- Use Affirmations
- Practice Key Yoga Poses
- Be more mindful of your emotions and actions
Affirmations to use to help balance this Chakra
- I am loved despite my sadness
- My discomfort will not last forever
- I let go of my fear. I love and approve myself
- I kindly ask for help and guidance
- It is just a feeling. I allow to let it go
- I am safe and sound. All is well
Key yoga postures that you can do to help you balance this Chakra
Additional steps to take to balance your Root Chakra
- Practicing deep breathing for 5-10 minutes
- Practicing Journaling and log your thoughts and emotions
- Watch or listen to something that brings you joy or laughter
- For every negative thought think of 2 positive thoughts
- Recognize your critical inner voice and change it
- Allow yourself to be less than perfect
Listen to the full podcast episode to learn more on this Root Chakra and how to Balance it
Become a Member today and get a free 30 day Yoga journal.
https://video.wixstatic.com/video/b3af5e_2c973e9799814a989f15771505f240ed/1080p/mp4/file.mp4Becoming more present is needed more now than ever. In this blog post, we will cover what the Muladhara or Root Chakra represents and how…Read More