Valentine’s Day is a time for romance! And there’s nothing more romantic than a nice candle-lit dinner with that special someone . . . (If you’re single, YOU count as that special someone!)
Yes, love is in the air, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy and sexy at the same time. In fact, there are many delicious, yet also nutritious aphrodisiac foods out there!
Looking for some seductive foods to get you in the mood? Oh have we got some good Valentine’s Day recipes for you!
Read on for three simple, yummy and creative Valentine’s Day recipes that can be made separately, or better yet – combine all three for the perfect sensual Valentine’s Day dinner.
Try These 3 Sensual, Healthy, and Delicious Valentine’s Day Recipes for the Perfect Romantic Dinner:
1. Appetizer: Cucumber Avocado Caprese Salad
Nutrition Facts: 253 calories per serving
Yield: 4 servings
Known for promoting sexual health, avocados can (ahem) help with performance. Rich in healthy fats, this cucumber avocado Caprese salad recipe from Popsugar.com is good for your heart and will keep your blood pumping to all the right places.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 30)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (I like to use the little balls)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dice the cucumbers. Wash and cut tomatoes in half. Dice the avocado
- Mix cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Add sliced basil and mozzarella
- Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly
- Serve immediately
2. Entrée: Carrot Fettuccine
Nutrition Information: 228 calories per serving
Yield: 2 servings
Packed with antioxidants, Vitamin A, and other nutrients, carrots are a well-known staple in a healthy diet. But you may be surprised to learn that carrots can also be sexually stimulating. As it turns out, carrots are the Viagra of veggies.
That’s why this carrot fettuccine recipe from Health.com will be the perfect main course to heat up your Valentine’s Day.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered if large
- 2 ½ tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 large rainbow or orange carrots
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat in a large skillet
- Add garlic and sauté until soft (approximately 30 seconds)
- Add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons basil. Sauté until tomatoes burst (approximately 5 minutes)
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave carrots into ribbons
- Mix in carrots, tomato sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook until carrots are tender (approximately 10 minutes)
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ tablespoon basil and pumpkin seeds
3. Dessert: Strawberry Banana Creams
Nutrition information: 145 calories per serving (8 strawberries)
A symbol of Venus, the seductive power of strawberries go all the way back to the ancient Roman era. They are also filled with Vitamin C, which aids in the production of sex hormones and boosting libido.
This strawberry banana creams recipe from Popsugar.com will be a lovely final touch.
- ½ small banana
- 2 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 strawberries
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Mix in the yogurt
- Carve out the middle of each strawberry with a knife
- Fill the center of each strawberry with the mixture
- Garnish with sliced almonds
Spark Romance With These Seductive Valentine’s Day Recipes
Show your partner how much you care this Valentine’s Day with these unique, delectable treats that combine to create the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner – not too heavy, not too complicated – and all the right amount of aphrodisiac.
Nothing says “I love you” like an intimate home cooked meal – especially one that’s both healthy and delicious. And after these four lust-inspired dishes, dining in will be the best idea you ever had.
Dine in the morning after too! Make this Delicious Vanilla Chai Protein French Toast Recipe (Video)
The post These 3 Valentine’s Day Recipes Make the Perfect Romantic Dinner appeared first on YogiApproved™.
Valentine’s Day is a time for romance! And there’s nothing more romantic than a nice candle-lit dinner with that special someone . . . (If you’re single, YOU count as that special someone!) Yes, love is in the air, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy and sexy at the same time. In fact,
The post These 3 Valentine’s Day Recipes Make the Perfect Romantic Dinner appeared first on YogiApproved™.Read More